Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2 Tracy Anderson's 30 day method

I began to realize that exercising at home is more fun and beneficial. Instead of wasting time driving to the gym and back (which usually takes around 30 mins) I can actually have a longer workout now! I always have access to things I forgot, they are just right there; I jump in the shower right away, no waiting (that's a big benefit for those of us who don't like gym shower rooms).
So Day 2, I feel tired again after a workout, but I've noticed that my skin is softer and tighter somehow, ALREADY!!))) That's a plus. I didn't change my regular products, so it is definitely due to the new foods and exercises I've been getting! It's really hard to stick with the whole routine, Tracy's Method is a 3 part combined system. I have to really mentally push myself to do the whole 40 min cardio. For those of you who are just thinking about buying a book/DVD of the Method, here's a bit of a review.
The book is very informative, Tracy does not waste time to jump right in, but she also gives you a bit of her background and explains why she set out on this journey of finding and developing an ultimate workout for fit and healthy body. She also claims that you will be able to keep the weight of forever as long as you keep doing her workouts (that means, if she is right, you can eat anything you like for the rest of your life after these bootcamp type of workouts). The pictures in the book are very clear and the movements are described to be easily understood and performed. Every move is described in detail. There is enough flexibility as well so you can adjust the workout regime to you. For example, I exercise regularly therefore, I am able to start doing the workouts with 20 reps on each leg, 40 abs and 20 to 40 arms and I am doing 20 mins of jumping through cardio and 20 mins of stepping for now, that'll change after day 3. Anyway Tracy gives you this guidelines in how to adjust the program for your fitness readiness! The DVD of the 30 day Method is very helpful too. The cardio is a bit tough to follow, that's why I think it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the DVD before you start the actual program. It'll just be more time-consuming if you try to slowly repeat every move and rewind every 2 minutes.
Overall I enjoyed reading the book and now I am enjoying using it.
A separate note for the foods on the menu. One word. Awesome. Every meal I've tried so far is simple, yet amazing. I like it because it's not very time-consuming. Average cooking time of the meals I've been making is 15-20 mins tops, with preps and cooking time included. Some meals, like snacks are around 5 mins, so it definitely won't take all your time to make this diet happen! Other plus, I find it helpful to have my day's food in black and white, that way I don't have to guess what I can snack on and it really leaves the temptations out. The portions are normal not bird bites)) And if you do feel hungry Tracy allows you to make an extra serving of any of the meals that day, I wouldn't double up on chocolate pudding though)) Yes, there is chocolate pudding on the menu, how much better could a diet get!)))
I will let you know how much I loose this week on Sunday and keep you updated every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment