Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 of Tracy Anderson's Method

This has been a rather busy week again and I didn't have a chance to  share my experience of the past 4 days. Today is my day 19, that means in two days time i'll start on the last sequence of exercises, and I'm sure it'll be even more challenging.
For those of you who are not familiar with Tracy Anderson's Method, here's a brief description. The method is a combination of muscle structure workout, the dance cardio workout and a diet plan. The muscle structure workout is split in 3 different sequences, first and the easiest one is days 1 through 10, second goes 11 through 20, that's the one I'm currently doing and the last one is days 21 through 30. Her philosophy is that while we have over 600 muscles in our bodies only the large muscle groups are usually engaged in most of the workouts out there. She designed the specific movements to activate the smaller muscles, or what Tracy calls them the "accessory" muscles, that start working and pulling on your bigger muscles therefore creating a leaner body, the body that doesn't look bulky, but toned and lean. Her cardio is designed to work together with the muscle structure workouts and help you burn as much fat as possible so the skin gets more toned. She also claims that doing the combination properly the way she "prescribes" will get you rid of the cellulite, I still have all of mine present, but hey, I'm just half way through this! And last but not least is her diet, which is low-carb, low-fat, no salt or sugar or spices. It's nevertheless very yummy, the only time I felt really hungry adjusting to it was the first 2 days. It's also very nutritious, so you won't be dragging your feet. I have more energy then usually now that I am doing this program (except for one of the days when I skipped my dinner and that threw me completely off balance!).
Now back to my workouts and plan. So this week was busy but I still managed to do all the workouts with a little less reps in muscle structure on one of the days and a little less of cardio on the other. While doing cardio at the end of last week and beginning of this week I had a really hard time jumping along, I thought I pulled a muscle in my calf, it was not very pleasant! So those of you who are reading the book right now and going through the section where Tracy says you have to wear very good sneakers that give you good support, don't go frowning and thinking "I can do without these" it's really important to have a pair! I think the problem with my shoes is they are running shoes and really soft ones so I'll probably get a new pair of the type Tracy recommends!
The workout sequence right now is much more complicated then the first 10 days set, but I was able to up the reps on day 16 already and still try to keep it up now. I've got the 1 pound ankle and wrist weights, but I still didn't try them out. The abs is more challenging in this sequence then anything else for me. This workout needs a chair too, so equipment grows:) now besides the mat and sneakers we need a chair))
The diet! Well it's going good now that I replace the things I know I will have a hard time eating with the ones I've already tried and liked! My absolute favorite for now is "Steamed Turkey Breast with Wilted Kale and Raisins" it's amazing and I'll be definitely having this at least once a week after I'm done with my plan!
So nothing new good or disappointing about a diet now, I'm about to go do my shopping for the weekend and keep you informed about the coming workouts and the weigh-in!

2 comments:

  1. The turkey and kale certainly smelled awesome, we'll have to steal the recipe soon! :) GO Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I'll cook some for you pretty soon, when I'm done with my dieting!))) Thanks for support!))) You are the best!

    ReplyDelete